I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sports: "Talkin' Baseball"..........

The marathon Major League Baseball season starts Sunday night, April 3 when the Yankees play host to the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox (that is still fun to say). Time for some fearless predictions for the six months to come.

I predict the final National League East standings will be:

  1. Atlanta Braves (until they don’t win you have to pick them)
  2. Florida Marlins
  3. New York Mets
  4. Philadelphia Phillies
  5. Washington Nationals

The St. Louis Cardinals will win the National League Central

The San Francisco Giants will win the National League West

The Boston Red Sox will win the American League East

The Minnesota Twins will win the American League Central

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will win the American League West

The NL Wild Card will be the Florida Marlins

The AL Wild Card will be the New York Yankees

The Boston Red Sox will defeat the Florida Marlins in the World Series.

The Mets Pedro Martinez will lose between 4 and 6 win as a result of his bullpen but will still win at least 14 games.

If the Mets play well they can challenge the Marlins for second place and perhaps even the Wild Card. A rivalry will develop between these two teams that could be intense.

No comments: