I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Book Review: "The Surgeon".......

"The Surgeon" is a well crafted and taut thriller. It is a well done example of the cat and mouse game played between a serial killer and the police. It combines gruesome forensic details with clever police work and leads to a disturbing climax. There is also a distinct "whodunit" aspect to "The Surgeon" that ads to the entertainment value of this novel. The story is also told from a distinctly female perspective.

The characters in "The Surgeon" are nicely sketched out. There is a hard as nails female detective seemingly at war with her own sexuality (and members of her own police department) investigating a series of vicious murders; her partner a cool headed, straight laced detective still in mourning; the shadowy, disturbed killer who is always present but isn't; and the beautiful and brilliant trauma surgeon who becomes one mans obsession and another mans lover.

The authors medical background is clearly evident as the passages set in Emergency Rooms or surgery wards are pulse pounding page tuners. This background is also clearly evident in grisly detailing of the murders committed. Fans of the TV shows ER and CSI will find these elements highly satisfying.

I found "The Surgeon" to be highly entertaining and engrossing. I read the final half of the book in a single sitting. I am pleased to have found a new author and look forward to reading more of her works.

Buy it here at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345447840/qid=1111790546/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-5198871-3051332

No comments: