I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Friday, March 25, 2005

Report: "Iraq War Casualty Figures".....

I just checked the latest casualty figures from the Iraq War. We are on the verge of ending March with the fewest combat deaths since February of last year when 21 soldiers lost their lives. We have had two straight months of declining deaths; from a high of 106 deaths in January to 27 so far this month. Hopefully these figures mean that we have turned the tide on the insurgency and are on the way toward stabilizing that nation. Perhaps it also means we are one step closer to having some of our servicemen return home.

In a related story the Financial Times is reporting that certain members of the insurgency are looking to put down their arms and join the political process. If true this would be a truly positive development and would go a long way to restoring peace to Iraq.

Unfortunately with all the media attention focused on Florida and the Terry Schiavo situation most American’s are probably unaware of these positive developments in Iraq.

Although I have had my doubts about this war from the start I am glad to see think apparently moving in the right direction. I hope President Bush takes some comfort from it.

Here are links to the stories I mentioned:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/2005.03.html

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7b2a3b4e-9d4e-11d9-a227-00000e2511c8.html

No comments: