I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Friday, April 22, 2005

TV Review: "The Apprentice - Season 3"......

I have been a fan of the television show "The Apprentice" since it debuted last year. Despite the fact that it is a tribute to Donald Trump’s ego and a vehicle for shameless product placement. Nevertheless, I enjoyed seeing a bunch of Type-A go-getters tear each other to shreds after failed tasks.

In this third season the producers decided to cast a team full of college educated players and pits them against a team of those with only a high school education. The result has been the worst incarnation of the show to date. I feel like I have been watching this season, which debuted on January 20, 2005, FOREVER. It is a train wreck. An occasionally entertaining train wreck but a train wreck nonetheless. The bickering and back-stabbing has been childish and non-stop. While these conflicts have always been part of the fun it has become excessive this season. The quality of the work product, while occasionally good, has been overall exceedingly poor. For the first time in three seasons BOTH teams lost at a task and both teams were forced to attend the board room session. Out of all the tens of thousands that auditioned for this show this was the best they could do? I would not hire most of these people to pour my morning shot at Starbucks. Yet one these contestants is going to get a one-year contract within the Trump Organization and a $250,000 salary.

I must not be the only one who feels this way. I just saw a quote on the Internet where Trump himself of privately heard to remark that this was the worst group of contestants from the first three seasons. I am glad he agrees and hopefully makes wiser selections as a result.

No comments: