I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Friday, April 22, 2005

DVD Review: "Baa Baa Black Sheep"......

I remember watching Baa Baa Black Sheep when I was a kid and then rediscovering it on the History Channel. I LOVED IT!

It is the stories of the famed WWII Marine Corp fighter squadron VFM-214 better know as the "Black Sheep". The series follows the exploits of this unit in the air and on the ground. The acting is quite good, as is the chemistry among the actors. The combat scenes combine new footage and some actual combat footage from the war. This does look a bit awkward at times but I never found it to be that big of an issue. It is very fun viewing and quite family friendly.

Robert Conrad is perfect in his depiction of the hard living, hard drinking commander of the outfit Greg "Pappy" Boyington. Among the series regulars were a young John Larroquette and Red West who used to be a bodyguard for Elvis Presley. You will doubtless recognize other faces in the cast as many became staples in 80's TV and some can still be seen today. Watch for the actual Greg Boyington making a cameo as he pins a medal on Conrad in one of the episodes.

Good to see this come back!

Buy it here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007YMWGY/qid=1114204716/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5405449-3438448?v=glance&s=dvd

No comments: