I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Opinion: "Long Live Pope Benedict XVI"

I am not a Catholic but I would like to congratulate them on the election of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as Pope. A close confidant of the late Pope John Paul II, Ratzinger is uniquely qualified to take on the role of Pope. His adherence to church doctrine and tradition along with his rejection of liberation theology also make him well suited for the job.

Here is a portion of his homily offered at the beginning of the Papal Conclave:


"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church, is often labelled today as a fundamentalism, whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, looks like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards. We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as for certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires."

Amen.

No comments: