I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Chapter 1: Starship Lexington

Starfleet Headquarters, San Francisco, Earth -

“….therefore effective StarDate 57076.5 you are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain with the all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of that rank.”

Admiral Jackson then pinned the fourth pip on the collar of the former Starfleet Commander , First Officer and veteran of many conflicts including the Dominion War.

“Further, you are requested and required to report to the Starship Lexington and take your place as her commanding officer. Congratulations Captain Masters!”

“Thank you, Admiral. I am honored by this and by the trust you and Starfleet have placed in my abilities. I will not let you down. “, promised Captain Alex Master accepting his promotion.

The promotion ceremony now concluded the assembled guests broke into applause. Among those in attendance were Captain Masters’ mother and father and little sister. They were anxious to catch up with Starfleet’s newest Captain as this was his first time back to earth in several years.

“Admiral Jackson, I’d like to introduce you to my family. Admiral John Jackson these are my parents William and Erica Masters and this is my sister Pamela.”

“Nice to meet you all. You should be very proud of Alex. He may be too modest to say so but he is one of the best. I have no doubt that he will make a great Captain.”

“Thank you Admiral” Erica Masters said. “We have always been proud of him.”

“As well you should be. But now if you will excuse us the Captain and I need to speak, privately.”

“Not a problem. Son, we’ll see you later?” asked William Masters.

“Sure dad. I’ll see you later.”

No comments: