I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weather: "Hurricane Katrina".....


This is hurricane Katrina and she is one big bitch. It is a Category 5 storm and currently is packing winds of 165 mph. The shear power of nature is truly humbling.

Within the next 18 to 24 it will hit somewhere along the southern Gulf Coast of the United States. No telling the amount of damage it will do and how many people will lose their lives as a result. No doubt there will be widespread disruption of basic services. New Orleans, which is already below sea level, may be under 20 - 30 feet of water.

Tens of thousands are seeking refuge in the New Orleans Super Dome. Trouble is no one knows for sure if the stadium is capable of withstanding the onslaught that this coming.

Yet looking at the picture it is impossible not to struck by the awesome beauty of this storm. It’s near perfect pin wheel like shape and the perfectly formed eye are truly a site to behold. It would glorious were it not so destructive and deadly.

Katrina is one of the three most powerful storms ever recorded and will most certainly go down in history. May God be with the people in the path of this storm and keep them safe.

No comments: