I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Memorial: Remembering 9/11....


Today is September 11. It was a sparklingly clear late summer morning when the unthinkable occurred. At 8:46 AM American Airlines Flight 11 carrying 92 passengers was crashed in to the North Tower of the World Trade Center. Seventeen minutes later at 9:03 United Airlines Flight 175 carrying 65 passengers was crashed in to the South Tower of the World Trade Center. At 9:37 AM American Airlines Flight 77 carrying 64 passengers was crashed in to the Pentagon. At 10:03 AM United Airlines Flight 93 carrying 45 passenger was prevented from reaching its intended target when the passenger attempted to retake the jet from the terrorist filth. The effort resulted in the plane crashing into a field in Shanksville, PA. At 10:05 AM the South Tower of the World Trade Center collapses. At 10:29 AM the North Tower of the World Trade Center collapses. In the end 2,986 lives were lost than day making it the single worst attack on the United States of America.

Four years later many things are still not the same but all too many things have gone back to the way they were on September 10, 2001. Since 9/11/01 we have undertaken military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Saddam Hussein sits behind bars but Osama Bin Laden, presumably, remains at large, assuming he is not already dead.

For posterity I would like to transcribe the journal entry I made on the morning of 9/11/01 from my desk at Convent Station.

September 11, 2001 - 10:41 AM
My Desk at Convent Station ->
To paraphrase….September 11, 2001 a date which will live in infamy. As I write this the Twin Towers are no more! Washington, DC is being evacuated! A coordinated terrorist attack is in progress against the United States of America! Words fail me right now! I’ve never seen anything like this in 32 years. I must admit to being freaked out myself. The military is patrolling the skies of DC. Reportedly a hijacked plane was just shot down outside Pittsburgh. Another is approaching DC. 11:15 AM this plan may have been shot down. There is a great deal of rumor and false info. Everything is happening very fast! 11:20 AM the plane is still heading for DC. 11:35 AM not surprising a pro-Palestinian group is claiming “credit” for this attack!
September 12, 2001 - 1:27 AM
After all of today’s events I admit to being afraid to go to sleep! I cannot put in to words right now exactly what I am thinking and feeling. This much I know, I cannot bear to watch anymore video recaps of today’s event. I’ve seen the Towers collapse time and again on video and I can’t stand to see it anymore. Another sight I can no longer bare are images of the second plane crashing into the Tower.
Someone has to pay for this outrage and pay dearly!

There you have it. Four years later we are still at war with Islamo-fascism and I imagine we will be so for some time. We should not rest until everyone responsible for this outrage has suffered a horrible death.

Four years later, may God bless the victims and their families, may God bless the United States of America and may God DAMN all those responsible and all who celebrated it!

No comments: