I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Friday, September 23, 2005

Opinion: "Jon Corzine's Mid-Life Crisis"......

Jon Corzine does not want to be governor of New Jersey. It is merely another manifestation of his on-going mid-life crisis. Most men in mid-life crisis buy a Ferrari or another macho status symbol but since money-bags Corzine doubtless already owns a Ferrari he buys political offices instead.

In 1999 a bored Jon Corzine stepped down as CEO of Goldman Sachs and decided he wanted to be a US Senator. So he spent $35 million of his own money to buy the Democratic nomination from Jim Florio and then another $27 million to defeat Bob Franks. He was sworn in January of 2001. That is $62 million. It would have been cheaper to buy another Ferrari!

Now four years and an undistinguished Senate career later Jon Corzine, bored with being a US Senator, wants to be governor of New Jersey. Step one involved paying off the corrupt Democratic party bosses to secure himself an uncontested primary. Now with the parties nomination in hand he will now spend whatever it takes to defeat Doug Forrester and become governor. As with his campaign for Senate Corzine is willing to spend whatever it takes in furtherance of his continuing mid-life crisis.

I have absolutely now doubt in my mind that this wealth, empty suit will be elected governor on election day it is nearly a fait accompli (too many people with their hands out in Essex and Camden county). Politics in NJ will then grow increasingly more corrupt (if that is even conceivable). The politics of his state continue to disgust me. New Jersey does not have a single Republican elected to statewide office. Even Massachusetts has a Republican governor!

My only question is, what happens when Jon Corzine gets bored with being governor???

No comments: