I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Observation: "Call 'Em As I See 'Em"......

I am as conservative if not more so than the next guy but I have to call them as I see 'em.

I find it odd listening to Rush and Sean complain about the "criminalization of politics" and their knee-jerk defenses of both Tom DeLay and the White House in the CIA leak case. I did not hear either complain about this phenomenon while Clinton was president.

Were a Democrat adminstration accused of leaking CIA information the GOP, plus Rush and Sean would be going ape. And the Democrats who now are so defensive of the CIA would be protecting the Democrat president with every once of strength whether he be right or wrong.

Please do not misread me here. I am not saying that I did not think Clinton was a bad guy because in many,many ways he was. Nor am I saying that I think Tom DeLay and the White House did anything wrong. Frankly I just do not know yet.

It goes to show that it is no longer about right and wrong. It is about whose ox is being gored and who is doing the goring.

Put more simply Washington politics comes to resemble Vince McMahon's WWE more and more every single day.

No comments: