I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sports: "World Cup 2006 - Day1"......

Day 1 of the 2006 World Cup is history. Playing in Munich before a crowd of 66,000 the German National Team defeated Costa Rica 4-2. The Germans got two goals from 2002 World Cup hero Miroslav Klose and one each from Phillipp Lahm and Torsten Frings. Frings goal in the 87th minute was an amazing 40 yard cannon blast that found the top corner of the goal.

All in all, Germany played rather well despite the fact that they were without their captain and best player Michael Ballack. The bad new was the plat of their new starting goalie Jens Lehman. Facing little challenge in the game he looked very bad on the two goals that were more than likely not even his fault.

Germany goes on to play Poland on Wednesday. Poland lost to Ecuador 2-0 in embarrassing fashion and will certainly be playing with a great deal of desperation when they face Germany.

The United States opens its campaign against the Czech Republic on Monday. In my opinion, the the US is an overrated squad. Though they possess a decent defense and above average goal tending they are pathetically anemic on offense. But time will tell.