I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Rant: "WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE POLITICIZED???"......

I am upset. You might even say pissed off! American politics has invaded a galaxy far far away. WHY??? Why can't we just watch this movie and enjoy it without looking for hidden messages or have them pointed out to us?

Those on the right are put off because they see an anti-Bush message in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. They see lines like "if you are not with me, you are my enemy" and "And only a Sith thinks in absolutes" and see Bush-bashing. You know what? I am member of the right and I voted for Bush but I don't give a rip about the political content of a Star Wars movie!!!

The left is getting their shots in too. The liberal group MoveOn.org (please no one go their site) has created an anti-Republican flyer called "Senate Wars: Revenge of the Frist" (referring to GOP Senate leader Bill Frist).

Furthermore it does not help matters when both Hayden Christiansen and Ian McDiarmid make statement in the press that seem to endorse the notion that George Lucas (GL) is making an anti-Bush movie.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINMENT FOR OBI-WAN'S SAKE!!!!!!

GL has said that his influences when writing Star Wars were Nixon and Vietnam. I take him at his word and wish that we can all enjoy this last Star Wars movie without it being tainted by politics.

Forgive the rant. I now return you to your normal postings.

No comments: