I have many varied interests. I am also very opinionated AND I like to write. I may write about anything. Anything that interests me or anything that bothers me. I might write about the world of politics, I might write about books, or movies, or TV shows, or cigars or whatever interests me. Who knows a random thought or two might even show up. ENJOY!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Opinion: "I Don't Get It. What's the Big Deal???"....

Colorado Republican Tom Tancredo is coming under fire for saying on a radio program that the United States might target Muslim Holy Sites in response to a hypothetical nuclear terrorist attack on US soil. What is the big deal?? If the United States were ever to be attacked by nuclear weapons, or other WMD's, by either a nation state or a terror group we would be more than within our rights to respond in kind. It was the whole basis for our strategy for countering the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Kudos to Tancredo for not succumbing to the calls for him to apologize for this comment.

To his critics I would ask how they would respond to a nuclear attack on our soil? Throw spit balls? GIVE ME A BREAK! We must leave no doubt in the mind of our enemies that any such attack on our soil would be dwarfed by the hell on earth we would unleash upon them. To suggest anything else would signal weakness on our part and invite further attacks.

Hats off to Congressman Tancredo!

No comments: